Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bob Adey: R.I.P.

Robert (Bob) Adey, fan, collector, and scholar, passed away just before Christmas. Born in 1941, Bob was the author of the 1979 Locked Room Murders. He published a second revised and enlarged edition in 1991. He also published several anthologies: Death Locked In (with Doug Greene), Murder Impossible (with Jack Adrian), 20 defis a l'impossible (with Roland Lacourbe) and 18 Locked Room Puzzles (with Idetoshi Mori). Bob was a real mystery fan and contributed to many fanzines including CADS over the years. He was Fan Guest of Honor at the 1990 London Bouchercon.

Read Martin Edwards tribute here.

3 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

He will be missed!

Michael Gora said...

I have several of his books including his original "Locked Room Murders", which is a major classic. Still, I'm surprised that prices for this on Amazon now range from $699 to $1500.

Janet Rudolph said...

I had no idea, Mike. I, too, have all his books.